Are you having challenges in your relationship that have left you feeling disconnected from your partner? Do you find that you get emotionally reactive with your partner and are left feeling confused? Perhaps you or your partner have difficulty finding the words to express your emotions to each other?
These are some of the common challenges that couples experience when the relationship isn't working optimally. Working together with a trained professional to understand the nature of these difficulties and learning new ways of relating to each other can lead to a more satisfying and healthy relationship.
Our clinicians have trained in various therapeutic approaches for couples such as Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioural Couples Therapy, Relational Life Therapy and Family Systems Theory.
Our couples therapists can help you:
- increase the bond and connection with your partner
- understand the negative patterns of interacting that pull your relationship apart
- learn how to communicate more effectively
- overcome past hurts and relationship injuries such as infidelity
- understand how to relate to and help a partner who is struggling with a physical or mental illness